REGISTRATION FEE: $15
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Payment due when reservation is made. We accept phone payments or in person via check, visa, MasterCard, Discover or cash. If you require a certificate of attendance, sign up for this at the workshop and it will be emailed to you within 3 weeks of the workshop.
Thursday May 16, 2013
7:30pm (7:30pm - 9pm)
SPECIAL NEEDS TOOLBOX WORKSHOP: Sensory, Behavior, Picky Eaters, Specific Programs and Apps for special needs.
Presenter: Liezl Smith OTR/L, IMC
Pediatric Occupational Therapist, Director: Sensational Kids
- Brief, core overview of what Sensory Processing Disorder is, and the sub-types.
- Sensory and behavior strategies to improve attention, compliance, frustration tolerance and transitioning.
- Information on how to create a Sensory Room in your home,
- Using the iPad / Tablets with your special needs child - tips, resources and good Apps for academic support and development. Information on how to find appropriate Apps.
- Brief overview of specialty programs that benefit children diagnosed with Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder and other developmental delays: Interactive Metronome, and Therapeutic Listening
- Picky Eaters: Core information on the SOS Feeding program. Various sensory and behavior strategies to improve food texture / taste tolerances. Practical, fun, multi-sensory strategies will be provided.
- Encouraged to attend: Parents, teachers, students, Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapists.
Must reserve seat to attend:
Call:t 856-810-5777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All workshops are held at our office:
544 Lippincott Drive
Marlton, NJ 08053